The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Bob Amser
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Bob Amser » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I would like there to be a midi thing (Technical term, forgive me) which allows you to plug in your electronic drum kit and trigger the samples, with intelligent quantisation and the ability to import kits by in app purchase and maybe through iTunes or Dropbox.

Realise that's a major thing, but the thread IS called 'wish' list.

I'll be honest, I don't understand what any of the features on Auria pro are (I just know I want them), so it may be that this is already going to be available to me when Auria pro is released. Allow me to dream...

Auria, iTrack Solo, AKG414, Audio Mastering

BrandMo

Post by BrandMo » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Not sure if it has been mentioned in here already, but I'd love to see some functionality with other cloud services. Drive or Box perhaps? Dropbox is great, but competitors have been offering large account sizes to compete and as a result I have a bunch of cloud storage that unfortunately is limited when it comes to my iPad given the current system restrictions for file transfering. I have gigs and gigs of samples on Box that I would love to edit on my 16gb iPad, that I just don't have the space to hang on to all the time and don't have adequate space to transfer it to Dropbox.

Love the app, keep up the great work.

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:16 am

Hi all.
A score editor would be great somewhere down the line when midi comes on board. That would mean less app jumping for me. :)
Thanks!

Schwepervescence

Post by Schwepervescence » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 am

Hi guys,

I've only been playing around with Auria for a couple of days, but can't seem to find a solution to the following problem in either the user guide or on the forum.

Essentially I'm finding that at some point I moved a region out of time in the demo song (fairly easy to do on the iPad) but didn't notice until later, so the undo function doesn't help me in putting it back. The best way I have found to put it back in place at the moment is essentially to guess (musically, but still inaccurately) at where it should go. I have found that it would be possible to lock regions in order to stop the problem occurring, but this would provide a bit of a speed bump in the workflow when editing and I'm still yet to find a solution for when it does happen.

In pro tools I know you can go into spot mode and choose to place a region at its original location/time stamp. Is there any way to do this in Auria (or to at least see the original placement of the region?). If not, I think it would be a very useful feature to consider including in the program.

Thanks for the app, I'm looking forward to using it a lot more!

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Wed May 20, 2015 10:55 am

Any update as to when the MIDI upgrade for Auria will be available? I need it yesterday.

topherlafata

Post by topherlafata » Tue May 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Loving Auria so far. Great work.

A few suggestions from the peanut gallery.

* A way to temporarily skip a chunk of the timeline In the timeline window during playback. Logic has this feature and I find it very useful in auditioning different arrangement options. Particularly when trying to "trim the fat" from an arrangement. Basically when the arrangement is playing back it will skip past a marked section of the timeline. If you have an arrangement with parts A > B > C you can easily check what A > C would sound like. Perhaps you could double click a swipe to the left to set the skip locators.

* Side chain on the compressor with any internal Auria track or bus being the side chain source. Even limiting it to the busses would be enough for my purposes.

* File management via http. Just a nice to have ;-) Even just a GET would be useful.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:47 am

Just a little feature request:

Could you add a "VISUAL" metronome? Like a flashing light, something similar to what JamUp/Bias FX use. I don't know why, but I can keep the time to the click much better if there is audio + Visual for the click.

Thanks

Jason

csaba369

Pitch shifter / micro pitch shifter plugin

Post by csaba369 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:11 am

I'd like to create a rhytm guitar track with doubler effect, similar to Eventide effects. Found a lot cool delay, but can't find pitch shifter with cents settings. Is there any solution? Maybe in the future? Thank you, Csaba

Auratech
Expert

Re: Pitch shifter / micro pitch shifter plugin

Post by Auratech » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:19 am

My advice the Harmony Voice by VirSyn. Very useful and fine tuneable for guitar too.
Or use Dual Harmony modul in Tone Stack.
(Szabolcs)
-------
My wish is a gesture based play-stop. (the tiny buttons on the top are not too comfortable)
For example two finger tap anywhere on waweform field or on mixer.
Similar too the two finger scrub on time line strip.
One double-finger tap to start, double tap to stop play..
(...and with three fingers on waveform - solo)
My rover Studio: iPad Air2-64Gb, Auria, Zoom H6, 2xRode Nt1, 2x Rode Nt55,
DT-770PRO, XMS-disc-(Jecklin), Ruinvo-panasonic USB Power pack,
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

Since elastic audio is coming, what about a pitch editor like Melodine's or Logic's? Or is this unrealistic given the current state of the iPad?

All the best!

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:46 am

FR: select everything to the left of the cursor.
FR: select everything to the right of the cursor.

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am

mtingle wrote:FR: select everything to the left of the cursor.
Select from cursor to start of file/region
Select from cursor to end of file/region (wavelab)
Now in Auria: split at cursor current region and select left/right. Or select all and split.. it is comfortable
Home: Rebuilt BEAG Hec45 Active Studio Monitors, i7-PC-Samplitude, IK-Multimedia ARC-2

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:37 am

Auratech wrote:
mtingle wrote:FR: select everything to the left of the cursor.
Select from cursor to start of file/region
Select from cursor to end of file/region (wavelab)
Now in Auria: split at cursor current region and select left/right. Or select all and split.. it is comfortable
Humm, I'm not sure your understanding me. I'm requesting a single click short cut from the edit menu to 'select all everything from left/right of cursor'. There are work arounds for sure but these sort of operations could do with a direct short cut as there is no easy way to perform them.

p.s. Wavelab?

Auratech
Expert

Post by Auratech » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:16 pm

My English is poor but I understood what you wish.
There is in Auria -Split all- icon and -Multi select- icon and -Cut, -Move, -Copy...
This is few step procedure to reach the editing stage you wish. Auria has region based selecting and editing concept (as I see). The cursor is only positioning tool on the the timeline. Every editor has basic working method.
My best loved Sequoia has clip based editing methode. (clips has own fx-automation, fade.. independent of track fx and settings) FL however track / step based editor. Video editors are mostly timeline based.
There are flexibility in every good editor use other method's functions but not to the infinity.
Timeline based non destructive multitrack editing needs lots of ram and virtual ram. (sign time regions of files before split them). Sorry for the long explanation. Hope is not very confused. (better not to continue)

vortex
Expert

Post by vortex » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:46 am

Hey @Rim. I have a small suggestion that would improve my workflow by a huge % literally on a daily basis. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but here goes.

In the automation dropdown, you have all the plugin options open by default, so if only a few plugins are added one could be scrolling for what seems like forever. The simple solution would be just to auto collapse all the plugins's options by plugin. So when you tap it initially you see the individual plugins added for that track first, and then tapping on a plugin name would expand it's automation options. This would allow someone to easily drill down into the options without having to scroll forever. Thanks for all your work @Rim!