Importing large files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Nlwaa

Importing large files

Post by Nlwaa » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 pm

Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a problem importing one of my projects back to Auria and would appreciate any advice on this!

The file became pretty huge (2.5GB) as a result of me putting loads of takes over each other without deleting the old ones and I now can't seem to open it... When I move the file into Auria using iFunbox I can see it in my list of projects and can import individual takes but when I try to open the whole thing it just makes a short loud noise and nothing happens. When I quit Auria and go back in again it says I had too many other programmes open and not enough memory (even when I didn't have anything else open) and it asks me if I want to try again or reload a snapshot (neither of which work...). I've tried making a copy of the project and deleting some of the wav files before I import to make it smaller and also renaming the project in iFunbox, no joy with either...

If anyone can advise on anything I could do here would be much appreciated!
Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing large files

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:03 pm

One thing to try is to reboot the iPad. Sometimes memory gets tied up and only released once the iPad has rebooted. After rebooting, make sure all your apps are closed by double-tapping on the home button.

Auria automatically creates snapshots every 10 minutes, so there's a good chance there's a snapshot in there somewhere which will load. I suggest trying all of them.

Rim

Nlwaa

Post by Nlwaa » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks for the reply Rim.

Unfortunately rebooting doesn't seem to be making much difference, also the snapshots it is giving me the option to load seem to be of the project I had open and not the one I was trying to open...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:09 am

OK, you can do this manually as well. A snapshot is basically just a project file with a different extension. They are all stored in a project's Snapshots folder. So you can use iFunBox to copy a snapshot to your computer, rename it so the extension is .prj, then copy it back to your corrupted project's main folder, overwriting the original .prj. If you need step by step instructions, let me know.

Rim

Nlwaa

Post by Nlwaa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:49 am

That's worked for me, brilliant, thanks Rim!

superhunter2
Expert

Post by superhunter2 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:53 am

Another win for rim, does it ever stop? Haha he lives to fix our problems. :D