Auria pro WTF

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lip206
Expert

Auria pro WTF

Post by Lip206 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:29 am

So I know how most the people here get so up tight when we ask about the release date of auria pro but that facts are we have been TOLD by the people who release the app this Late spring then summer came people asked well whats going on and others get mad like how dare u ask that things take time well ok we are only going off what we have been told so again we have the people who will release the app again say late November and here we are December do we have a release date or not if you don't know just say don't know at least say something anything really after the date passes you said it would be out say something a simple hey sorry thing are taking a lil bit longer then expected we all love this DAW and just want to know whats up KEEP US INFORMED we want to give you money or at the very least if your going to throw another release date out have it be correct

tonydean
Expert

Re: Auria pro WTF

Post by tonydean » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:49 am

I'm sure it's worth the wait!
iPad Air 2 128 gig wifi, iOS 11.4, Auria 2.0. Focusrite itrack dock. iFretless Bass, iRig Pro, Rode NT2-A recording mic, Takamine G-Series AC Gtr. Cole Clark Angel 2 Bunya/Blackwood acoustic.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:01 pm

I am so sorry that this wait has been somewhat stressful for some. The answer can only be this one. If you were standing near a fire and 10 feet away is safe from the fire and unsafe would be 3 feet away, than Auria Pro release is like you are standing 6 inches from the fire. Way too close. :wink:

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Kenny Gamble said to me years ago "Your greatest projects will take way more time than you anticipated and will cost you way more money".

DrowningForest

Post by DrowningForest » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi
Glad we cleared up the release date!! You can understand why people are getting twitchy! Its been a while since the original announcement to put it mildly!

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:23 pm

Hello all. This is my second post on the Auria forum and like all of you, I am patiently (or impatiently as it seems for many) looking forward to the release of Auria Pro. I've seen many products rushed to market that were not thoroughly tested. I've also seen many companies that absolutely do not comment on release dates of updates or new products. I know it is difficult to wait but I for one, am thankful that Rim personally communicates with customers and appreciate the fact that Auria is being properly tested instead of releasing a buggy app. In my opinion, Auria is in a class of its own and has a pretty good reputation. If I were the owner of the company, I would not risk unduly damaging that reputation by releasing a buggy update. With that said, I definitely understand and also feel the frustration by the slipping release date but I have a feeling that it will be released any day now.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:26 pm

Sounds....hot! (?) Mr. Alvares :D

As for everyone that are anxious to get their hands on A2, the current version still works just wonderfully (well, as wonderfully as Apple and iOS allows). I'm slightly curious what the feature that most (vocal) people are looking forward to is? Is it the ability to sequence midi? I understand being passionate about a project/application, but shheeesh some ppl seem....slightly obsessive? lol

Edit: Oh and a big +1 to the above comment on that Rim & Co should take the time that is needed (and they probably are). Don't rush it. :)

Yahyahyah
Expert

Post by Yahyahyah » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm

We are 6 inches away from the release???

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Yahyahyah wrote:We are 6 inches away from the release???
That is correct!!!

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:24 pm

The feature I'm most interested in is midi sequencing. I currently sequence using hardware synths (Korg and Roland workstations) and dump their outputs into a Tascam SX-1 (that is when I used to actually make music) but would like to use Auria for this purpose. I never warmed to computer sequencing so Auria will be my intro into the world of computer based music production. I will also use Logic Pro X at some point although I'm still going to use my hardware synths for the forseeable future.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Hope this question isn't too obvious about my limited knowledge of midi, and apologize in advance if this has already been asked. Will I be able to import midi files somehow from say a pro tools session to Auria Pro?

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:28 pm

I believe you can already import an entire Pro Tools session. I just saw a You Tube video on this today.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:38 pm

I created an entire tune, 10 midi tracks, in Notion for iPad, and imported it.

Realtime1969

Post by Realtime1969 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:23 pm

In all fairness, most people are asking for eye candy. A few screenshots to tied us over until the release is not to much to ask...just my thoughts.

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:37 pm

As for me, I am asking for the app itself.

Release the Kraken!!!

:p