The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ecstaticax

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by ecstaticax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:51 pm

1. A textual way to enter or modify control, program changes, and so on.
2. Option to have a window to view a pdf white recording or mixing
3. Option to change banks and sounds inside multitone sfz and sf2 sound fonts.
4. Option to see how much memory is allocated
5. When iPad Pro support?

Regards. Auria Pro is a dream that comes true.

Tmidiman

Post by Tmidiman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:33 pm

My only wish, the ability to bring back the old graphics.

I don't care for the flat look, as it looks, flat. It was so beautiful before. I know, I know, people in their studios needed it to be different, but in my studio it was fine.

Well for now I'm not upgrading, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort. Awesome job Rim and his team!

It's just, flat. :cry:

watteva

Post by watteva » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:13 am

The ability to constrain movement to one direction when dragging midi notes.

Or, even better, a pitch value, like there is for duration and velocity, in the header so I can change a notes pitch without dragging it.

A midi event list like Logic's would be great too.

ecstaticax

Post by ecstaticax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:40 am

A midi event list in a oldschool way, would be really appreciated. It's really difficult to work with program changes and control changes using a piano keyboard :?

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Save/Sync project to Dropbox in background.

Would it be possible to have Auria save the project to Dropbox quickly, then let it do the uploading to the dropbox cloud in the background? This is a great feature, but very slow to save the whole project to Dropbox, as it seems that is actually uploading the dropbox cloud in the foreground, and I have to wait until it is done.

This would be similar to the way that dropbox works on the PC. Any app can save the files to the C:\dropbox folder, and then the dropbox sync agent uploads it to the cloud in the background.

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 am

To whom it may concern,

I do hope that Auria can
- extend its variety of the instruments (Lyra samples),
- prepare MIDI base guitar, base and drum patterns, and
- the patterns to follow varieties of chords (not only simple major or minor but also some special ones such as sus 4, aug, diminish, half diminish, 11th mjr/mnr, 13th mjr/mnr and so on.
At this moment Auria seems to be absolutely the best DAW application for tablets. However the sounds of instruments in the competing applications can be sometimes/often better.

This is not wish for Auria but Apple Computer, it would be great if there can be 256G or 512G versions of iPad (Pro).

Umm

Post by Umm » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:47 pm

There are lots of post here maybe someone mentioned it before. (if it is i'm sorry) but it would be very good if auria pro had scale restriction feature. Several apps have this feature (gadget, sampletank) and its very usefull.

rsn

Post by rsn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:14 pm

When I import a MIDI file I always have to go track by track and change the output from Lyra to my external synth.

Can we have a default "MIDI Output" so that when a midi file is imported all the channels are set to the default "Output" instead of Lyra?

This change will also improve the MIDI import time when output is set to an external MIDI port. No need to load Lyra for each track.

Thanks,
Ruben

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:55 am

Maybe someone have requested this too but here it goes...

In Auria (as in Cubasis), i never didn't like the automatic open the app with the last session opened.

I would like the app to open with a menu (as a regular desktop software) asking what to do, OR AT LEAST have the option in "options menu" to start this way.

Why?
1) Because every time i open the app i may accidentally move some knobs on a project i don't want to modify any settings and there is the possibility of staying that way without me noticing it.
2) Sometimes i want to delete some project, or maybe the opened project, and i can't. I must open another project to delete another. That's not very simple or logical at least is my thinking of course.
3) There isn't yet a clean and simpler way of managing the files and projects. As i learnt, organization takes a big place after working with some projects "at the same time".

So i suggest what i suggested in the third line AND ADD maybe a menu like this when starting Auria Pro:

-------------------------
* Create (project)
* Open (project)
* Manage (delete files or projects / copy files or projects / transfer files or projects / open single audo or midi files / etc)
* User guide
* Auria Forum
* Settings
--------------------------

:D

Omighty

A StartUp Screen?

Post by Omighty » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:36 am

Is it possible to have Auria start up in some type of default screen or give you an option to load a project or start a new one? Like instead of automatically loading the last project maybe give a choice.

Opens Auria-

Screen: Aurias Splash screen

Screen: Load a recent or create new

Or even get more cool and..

Screen: Load a recent project / load template / create new

hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say. It would be very welcomed addition that just seems right.

Edit: Smh had I read the post above me I would have just agreed lol, anyway I agree guy above me lol

Dancore
Expert

Post by Dancore » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:37 am

Forgive me if any of these have been mentioned:

- The ability to Record Enable tracks whilst playing would be useful when inspiration strikes, for example when wanting to monitor a midi instrument and play along.
- Releasing one finger whilst pinch-zooming should end the zoom and switch to scrolling (in my opinion).
- A solo button in the piano roll would be a useful addition
- Could we have a more instant way to open the piano roll of a midi track, such as a double-tap on the part? Having to zoom first to make the icon appear takes a few valuable seconds :-)

Thanks a lot!

MicciHay
Expert

Re: If midi processions the lighter, the better to use

Post by MicciHay » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I DO hope that Auria Pro can be lighter on the iPad. Especially the midi processions are so heavy that Auria often is overloaded or crashed. This does not happen to Cubasis that often.

On the other hand, the best part of Auria Pro is its varieties of functions, which is of course better than Cubasis. Despite my wish above, I do NOT want it to be just simplified.

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:04 am

Auria Pro is fantastic, thanks for providing such an excellent tool!

Things I'd love to see:
* In addition to 'bounce in place', a second option that bounces the rendered audio to a new track and mutes the original
* Duplicate track (please, please)
* The ability to reorder effects in the channel strip
* Since there's no state saving in IAA (and everything that entails), some type of simple note system (ideally per track) to jot down info about what synth/patch was used to produce the sound. (Perhaps the track name change screen could have a second text box underneath the name field to hold a brief note, or it could be housed in an additional tab on the midi channel strip screen.)

Thanks again for a great app.

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Hi RIM,

Been lurking here for awhile and there's been a wealth of good info. Still wrapping my head around the workflow, but so far so good.

I've been having issues with Auria crashing when I use "Undo" repeatedly. I'd love to see a link to the history so we can jump directly back to a previous state.

Sorry if this has been previously mentioned. LOVING Auria Pro and keep it up!

Metallion
Expert

Post by Metallion » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Another cool option:
A " low consumption " mode, where Auria wouldn't eat so much battery and resources.
(There are times we dont need "so much" quality in lib sounds for example)
The way it is, sometimes i feel that my Auria drops battery fast just for being opened.
Just a thought!