Overloud guitar Plug-in

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tourniquet
Expert

Overloud guitar Plug-in

Post by Tourniquet » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:41 pm

So...... I haven't used THM Overloud in a while. Used it to lay a scratch track last night. But, the signal was hot. I set fader levels to -16 I think. The little light that bounces to the sound, to the immediate right of the faders was clipping like crazy. Do I need to long hold on the record button and adjust the set record level?

I did that before, and the quality of sound recorded was poor. So...I don't want that to happen again. Any thoughts?

On a side note, for the entire Abelton Live suite recording software DAW, it's $750.00. Auria - $50.00.

That be a cool thing. :)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Overloud guitar Plug-in

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:22 am

This is likely caused by overdriving the output of THM Overloud. Try lowering the master output of the amplifier as this will lower the output of the plugin but wont affect your tone. Cheers and good luck with your recordings.

Tourniquet
Expert

Post by Tourniquet » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:48 am

Anthony Alves wrote:This is likely caused by overdriving the output of THM Overloud. Try lowering the master output of the amplifier as this will lower the output of the plugin but wont affect your tone. Cheers and good luck with your recordings.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the reply!

Would this be the master output within the Overloud plugin its self? Or, on my focusrite?

gwishin
Expert

Post by gwishin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 am

Hi Tourniquet,

I am by no means an expert like Anthony, but I have around 2 years experience recording with Auria and now Auria pro.
From what I understand, with digital recordings you don't need to have a very hot signal when recording, so definitely turn down your Focusrite's input level. Also, in the Overloud plugin interface, the farthest right knob on your amplifier is marked "Level". Turning that down will decrease your gain, as will the "Volume" knob just to the left of it.

Hopefully that helps. If Anthony or any of the forum veterans say anything to negate what I have just told you, listen to them. They know better.