Behringer Xtouch compact MC mode not working?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dblonde
Expert

Behringer Xtouch compact MC mode not working?

Post by dblonde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:06 am

I have read some other previous threads about this and no one has it working.

What is strange is that Auria states to be Mackie mode compatible. I can get the ipad to move the faders on the x-touch but I cannot get the x-touch to move the faders on the ipad???

Auria sees the xtouch fine and it appears in the list within settings. I have tried both HUI and MC with no success. The xtouch is working fine as it controls my desktop cubase with no issues.

I bought the xtouch for use with the ipad, but its proving to be a hassle to get working as expected.

I have a Korg nano kontrol 2 that works in HUI so there is hope :) Maybe?

Are all MC emulations equal? appears not :(

Radside
Expert

Re: Behringer Xtouch compact MC mode not working?

Post by Radside » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:27 am

The X-Touch Compact supports MIDI and Mackie Control but not HUI control. I have the X-Touch (non-Compact) and I can only get Auria to work with it in HUI mode (very limited functionality in my testing), not Mackie Control mode. It would be really nice if Rim fixed the Mackie Control issues but because Auria has a "touch" interface, it is not as big of a deal to me when compared to other critical fixes he is addressing. Hopefully Mackie Control is on his list to fix.

dblonde
Expert

Post by dblonde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:03 am

this is what i thought.
it would be great if Rim would take a look at this?

thank you for the response.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:15 am

We are aware of the issues going on here with the X-Touch. Currently we are waiting on Behringer to get a unit out to us so the issue can be looked into further.

-Corey

dblonde
Expert

Post by dblonde » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:22 am

@corey

thats good and promising news :)

be good to get it fixed or atleast working for those with these mixers.

thank you.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 am

Corey W wrote:We are aware of the issues going on here with the X-Touch. Currently we are waiting on Behringer to get a unit out to us so the issue can be looked into further.

-Corey
As I have spoke to rim about this already. Corey I would be glad to send mine to you and I'll pay for the return shipping as well.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:06 am

Good news! I also posted on Behringer's FB and YouTube pages about this as well.

paperbone

Post by paperbone » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:34 pm

One eye on xtouch... Money in hand... Other eye on this thread... Baited breath!

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:02 pm

I can confirm that I have the Xtouch working finally. The interface I'm now using is a iconnectaudio4+. I am happy to report the faders even work BOTH ways (from Auria to xtouch and vice versa). Now I will list what else functions and what does not later, but I would now recommend getting one as long as you can get it to work with your interface. The mixing and tracking experience has now been enhanced. Cheers!

P.S. It is cool to see the faders switch positions as I move through the channel bank....oh and automation!lol

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:25 am

Can you post your midi settings? Thanks.

Radside
Expert

Post by Radside » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:52 pm

I played around with the Xtouch today and still had the exact same problems as before as outlined in this post at the link below. I'm very interested in settings anyone used to get the Xtouch working correctly. Thanks.

http://www.auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=13906

dblonde
Expert

Post by dblonde » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Xo4sho wrote:I can confirm that I have the Xtouch working finally. The interface I'm now using is a iconnectaudio4+. I am happy to report the faders even work BOTH ways (from Auria to xtouch and vice versa). Now I will list what else functions and what does not later, but I would now recommend getting one as long as you can get it to work with your interface. The mixing and tracking experience has now been enhanced. Cheers!

P.S. It is cool to see the faders switch positions as I move through the channel bank....oh and automation!lol
Yes but how did you manage this?
I have the same I connect and would really like to get this working also. I have however the xtouch compact and not its bigger brother. Did you get this working in HUI or MCU mode or other?

Be very interested :)

Thanks if you take time to share your settings.

Dblonde

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:40 pm

It is working in Hui mode. And i did read that the xtouch compact automatically boots in hui so im willing to bet you can get it to function. Guys im telling you, all i did for the iconnectaudio is went into the iconfig app and changed the name to "X-Touch" where it says usb1 HST1 and the host jack port 4 (i think). after that i saved changes inside the app (go to audio info). I did the normal pull up a project went to midi in auria iconnect hst 1 send remote and the behringer lit up with the track names in scribble pads..... More to come hold on a moment phone bout to die,lol

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:56 pm

Now there are some nagging things too.....when i switch projects its like i got to do the midi settings in auria again as well as unplug and plug back in the iconnect. I also turn off and on the xtouch....but i have got it to link to the loaded project. It does not seem consistent. I wish i could do it tonight but maybe tomorrow i will make a video to post on my youtube channel. Oh the other thing is.... If you plug it in with just the cck, even though it is a direct connection the faders work only one way and that xtouch to auria. So i know that some kind of way the iconnevt to helping route that function back and forth.

Xo4sho
Expert

Post by Xo4sho » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:03 pm

I have a midi keyboard as well. I can plug the xtouch and the keyboard using a powered usb hub and connect into the iconnect (i have a belkin one). I mention this because the weird thing is i then have to hit the hst2 send remote in auria to read the xtouch while the keyboard works fine. I dont know exactly what the magic sauce is, i can only give you what i have done to get it to work. I can tell you when i set the iconfig app back to default it seems to not want to come on and connect at all.