Audio metering...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Kynan

Audio metering...

Post by Kynan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:05 am

I notice that the audio meters represent the audio level in the track and not the adjusted audio level.
Is there a way to fix that? Example...drum loop is almost clipping...I drop the fader to 20%...audio meter still shows almost clipping. In Cubasis, the meter would drop...representing the adjusted level. I'd prefer that.
Is this a bug or how it was intended?

Tourniquet
Expert

Re: Audio metering...

Post by Tourniquet » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:17 am

I have the same problems with my drums. Only thing I found that works for me(being the limited amount of recording stuff I know) is to record my drums at really low levels. I think even lower than -18db. But, then if I add any FX, it quickly shoots up the db's to clipping, or almost clipping again.

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:18 am

Kynan wrote:I notice that the audio meters represent the audio level in the track and not the adjusted audio level.
Is there a way to fix that? Example...drum loop is almost clipping...I drop the fader to 20%...audio meter still shows almost clipping. In Cubasis, the meter would drop...representing the adjusted level. I'd prefer that.
RTFM! Know your tools! Explore the menus ffs!
Go to menu>mixer>meter playback mode>post fader.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:49 am

Steady on, @mschenkel :D We were all new to Auria at one time :) Kudos for coming to the rescue though 8)

(P.S. I sympathise with your frustration :wink: :lol:)

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 am

mschenkel wrote:
Kynan wrote:I notice that the audio meters represent the audio level in the track and not the adjusted audio level.
#abitharsh

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:52 am

mtingle wrote:
mschenkel wrote:
#abitharsh
Yes indeed. I'm happy the OP didn't take any offense because there wasn't any but sometimes it's like hearing:
"I just got a guitar but why it isn't playing?"
'Did you got it out of the case first?"
'No."
:roll:

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Point is made

Post by stromberg-carlson » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:03 pm

For real though, read the manual is sound, solid, common sense advice.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:42 pm

mschenkel wrote:...but sometimes it's like hearing:
"I just got a guitar but why it isn't playing?"
'Did you got it out of the case first?"
'No."
:roll:
:lol: That's exactly why I sympathise! On several occasions since the release of AP I've had to stop myself responding similarly and, instead of trying to assist as I usually do, I've left it to others to help.

I marvel at Rim's unerring patience and good-natured support to his users. I couldn't be so consistently positive. Bravo, @Rim ! :D

EDIT: I ought to stress that everyone should feel free to ask even the most basic of questions here - but please, please try not to be vague. Give details of your setup and give some context to your query. What is it you're trying to achieve? This plea is not directed at the OP specifically :)

mschenkel
Expert

Post by mschenkel » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:15 pm

Yelling at myself at this very I cannot remember nor guess what the "two faders" button just on the left of transport controls does. I've read the manual once, won't say exactly read throughout but had a read of every bold title, every first line of every paragraph; scrolled 3 or 4 times through the mixer window section today and still I can't find any reference(probably scrolled to fast)
Before submitting I've scrolled once more and guess what? Found it! It is the grouping function(which actually was what I supposed it was doing but couldn't get any response).