Changing tempo

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Phuong

Changing tempo

Post by Phuong » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:00 am

When I playback a track (arrow thingo) , it's painfully slow (as in the line with the arrow moves real slow) even though I change the tempo (you can see I put the temp as 170bpm)

Can somebody please explain why this is the case?
Attachments
image.png

creARTiv

Re: Changing tempo

Post by creARTiv » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Hi Phoung,

how did you record this Midi Track?
I can see some notes that are all about 6 bars long.

-ki
Expert

Re: Changing tempo

Post by -ki » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 pm

@Phoung
On your screenshot the timescale is marked by vertical grid lines - below the toolbar there is an indicator showing the position of these gridlines. I your case 17:1 and 33:1, which mean bar 17, beat 1 and bar 33 beat 1 - thats why creARTiv could tell that your notes are way too long. For 120bpm there is 120beats per minute or 30bars with 4 beats each.

Use a zooming 2 finger gesture to first zoo into the timeline before adding notes in the midi editor.
For a standard beat you should zoom until you see only one or two bars. When the zoom is high enough,
the timeline will also show the other beats of a bar (1:1 1:2 1:3 1:4 and then 2:1 etc)

Zooming further will show even smaller parts of a beat. Don't forget to set the snap grid - you find it above the
toolbar buttons, currently you have set this to none (seens in your screenshot). This helps in positioning
the loop markers and for start and length adjustment of notes.

Greetings from Berlin,
-ki