Automation on a bus

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dvlmusic
Expert

Automation on a bus

Post by dvlmusic » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:01 pm

I'm building a track with multiple instruments playing bass. These are all different tracks that are bussed to SubGroup 2. I added delay to the bus so I don't have to run separate instances of the delay on each synth. How do I access the automation settings of the delay on SubGroup 2? I want it on and off at specific points in the track but when I'm on the track screen, pressing the Volume drop down does nothing.

Alternately, I mapped the same delay to Aux 1 and recorded the automation there, but now I don't know how to access the Aux's edit screen to fine tune the automation. Anyone else experience this issue?

Washboy
Expert

Re: Automation on a bus

Post by Washboy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:14 am

From the Edit (/tracks) view/screen, 'Edit -> Show -> Show Sub/Master Tracks'. Then you can access the automation data for the subgroups.

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am

I've done that, but unfortunately I still can't access the automation data. I tap on the dropdown menu where it says "Volume" by default and nothing happens.

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:55 pm

This is where I'm tapping to try and access the automation data (I renamed SubGroup 2 to "Bass"). No matter how many times I tap, the drop down never shows up - it's stuck at "Volume".

What am I doing wrong?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:29 pm

I've no idea what you're doing wrong (if anything) but this is the sort of thing you should be seeing:
image.png

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Like Washday said it should drop down no problem. I would suggest that you create another project and try this again. I think you have a corrupted project which is not allowing you to do this,Good luck

dvlmusic
Expert

Post by dvlmusic » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:46 pm

I loaded up another project I had and experienced the same problem. So then I started a new project and it worked... Now I don't know what to do about the projects I've already invested all this time in! Now what!?!?!? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:40 am

Shy of importing each audio track back into your new project there is little that can be done here. We have all expienced this in one form or another. This is a great opportunity to dropbox those projects to Rim as he may find what caused this to happen. Sometimes it is a particular set of events that lead to a bug in the software and your projects that are corrupted may reveal some important info or details that can reveal the problem. Thanks for letting the forum know about this. Now others can keep an eye out for this problem should they experience this. Cheers and good luck.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:02 am

Is that particular track frozen, by chance?

Rim