Very Frustrated...

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

4pickupguy

Very Frustrated...

Post by 4pickupguy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Too many problems to list. I get one fixed and another will appear later, then the first problems re-appear ... If I cant go back to previous version I'm moving on to another DAW. Ive done all fixes and procedures suggested to me to no avail reloading updating etc etc... I have lots of money tied up in plugs so I was motivated to fix... pc lookin pretty good.
Can I just go back to previous Auria? I loved it!

Corey W
Expert

Re: Very Frustrated...

Post by Corey W » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Unfortunately there is no way to go back to version 2.0.4 of Auria once you update.
Can you perhaps share some of the issues that you are having so that we may try to get Auria running smoothly for you?

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:03 am

Same problem here!

I've spent 2 days trying to resolve these issues and I have made sure to follow the guidance on several threads, and yes I have read the manual 3x. I just want to make music, not waste my energy on beta testing, especially after paying for an upgrade.

1. Red ghost audio appearing and playing in the silence between the audio I've recorded and sliced.
2a. Every time I attempt to record the multi-outs from Patterning Auria crashes.
2b. Every time I attempt to record from Patternings main out Auria crashes.
3. When I use the loop function Patterning does not loop with Auria, it gets to the end of the bar and stops playing.
4. When I load a project none of the audio plays from my IAAs namely Patterning, iSEM, Twin 2, Lyra and FF1, but the meters are responding. I have to restart my Auria and/or my iPad 3-4 times before I get sound. (And yes I've checked the routing).
5. Same as above but every time I restart Auria after a crash
6. The record button for Auria on Patterning doesn't work at all.
7. On restarting I get the 'inter app plugin is not responding' message, even if I've already closed Patterning and iSEM and I get the same message even if I'm just using Twin2, F1 and Lyra.
8. Cpu overload messages when I'm just playing back Twin2. (No, there are no other apps running in the background just Auria).
9. When I load a new project none of the audio plays from Twin 2, Lyra and FF1, but the meters are responding when I play the keyboard. I have to restart my Auria and/or my iPad 3-4 times before I get sound. (And yes I've checked the routing and yes record is armed).

iPad Air 2, iOS 9.3.2, Auria Pro 2.05, Patterning, iSEM, CME Xkey
Last edited by Custard Gannet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:05 am

As Corey mentioned, Apple doesn't have a way to go back. I'd be happy to help with any issues you're having. Let us know what's going on and we can help solve them for you.

Rim

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:15 am

If you can help me with all of these issues that would be great.

1. Red ghost audio appearing and playing in the silence between the audio I've recorded and sliced.
2a. Every time I attempt to record the multi-outs from Patterning Auria crashes.
3. When I use the loop function Patterning does not loop with Auria, it gets to the end of the bar and stops playing.
4. When I load a project none of the audio plays from my IAAs namely Patterning, iSEM, Twin 2, Lyra and FF1, but the meters are responding. I have to restart my Auria and/or my iPad 3-4 times before I get sound. (And yes I've checked the routing).
7. On restarting I get the 'inter app plugin is not responding' message, even if I've already closed Patterning and iSEM and I get the same message even if I'm just using Twin2, F1 and Lyra.
8. Cpu overload messages when I'm just playing back Twin2. (No, there are no other apps running in the background just Auria).
9. When I load a new project none of the audio plays from Twin 2, Lyra and FF1, but the meters are responding when I play the keyboard. I have to restart my Auria and/or my iPad 3-4 times before I get sound. (And yes I've checked the routing and yes record is armed).
10. When attempting to record multi-outs from Patterning [MIC] is showing in the [Input] and the iPads internal mic is activated when I turn off the loop function. I can hear myself and the room coming through on the channels when record is armed. I have to keep loop running, which doesn't work because as I mentioned in #3. Patterning doesn't loop with Auria.

*should I post these issues on a different board?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:37 am

Sounds like all of these issues involve the Patterning app. I don't have any experience with this app, but maybe there are other users who can jump in and help. Have you also contacted the makers of Patterning?

One thing I would say is that Apple's IAA system is fairly buggy and it's not uncommon for IAAs to remain loaded in the system, even after you quit Auria. This affects all iOS apps. The only known solution is to restart your iPad, then load the IAA and close it. You really need to do all three steps in order to make sure the IAA is closed properly.

Rim

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:42 am

Can anyone help me resolve these issues?

10. When attempting to record multi-outs from Patterning [MIC] is showing in the [Input] and the iPads internal mic is activated when I turn off the loop function. I can hear myself and the room coming through on the channels when record is armed. I have to keep loop running, which doesn't work because as I mentioned in #3. Patterning doesn't loop with Auria.

I'm having the same issue with any IAA that I put on the insert. I've tried iSPARK, Egoist, Boom 808/909, iMS-20, iPolySix and I'm having the same issues involving the loop function triggering the iPad mic and recording the room when loop is turned off and Auria crashing when I hit record.

I've even tried creating a new project and I'm getting the same issues.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:06 am

Your posts were removed because they were duplicates of what you already posted here. No need to double-post.

If you're getting similar issues with other IAAs, there's something really fundamental going on, since lots of users have no issues at all with IAAs and Auria. It would be very helpful if you could go into detail with a specific issue (let's do one at a time). For example, starting from a new project in Auria with all other apps closed, please list every step we need to do in order to see the problem. There's a good chance along the way someone will spot the issue.

For example:

1. Launch Auria
2. Press the Menu button at the top.
3. Press New Project
4. Choose 0 tracks, 44100
5. Press the menu button at the top.
6. Press Add Tracks
7. Choose 1 MIDI track
etc

RIm

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:09 am

I can't be the only person with Auria that uses these apps and getting these issues. Okay I'll try it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks. Starting from a basic place and listing steps is time consuming, but is a great way to spot mistakes and find solutions, because this way, we can follow along, step by step and see the issue first hand. A video also help in cases like this (as long as you start from a clean slate as well).

In the mean time, maybe another user more familiar with these specific apps will chime in with any ideas.

Rim

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:23 am

Okay, so adding one track at a time seemed to be working fine and I was able to load up twin2, iSEM, Patterning (inc. 8 outputs), iMPC Pro and iSpark. I could records all of the audio whilst playing the midi live, and despite a cpu spike they all recorded with no problems. So that worked, thank you.

However there was an issue when I attempted to change the project in iMPC Pro which stopped all of the audio from working and caused all of the channels to record the output from iMPC. The midi channels lost sound and only showed the meters.

I attempted this again, track by track but this time added iMPC as midi instrument, which for some reason started to trigger Lyra, Twin and F1. I suppose this could be useful but I'd like to know how to stop iMPC from sending midi to these instruments. Also iMPC starts later than everything else*, any ideas? It also seems that I can't insert iMPC onto an audio track and record it's output at the same time at triggering midi, is there a way to do this?

I also have iSpark running in midi and Patterning with 9 outs to separate tracks in Auria, and I can record all of this in real time with only a couple of cpu spikes!

I've saved a snapshot, template and the project. So now if I want to close this project down do I close each IAA first then Auria or Auria first?

Also if I want to open the template project, do I need to open each IAA first or Auria first? I've not attempted either yet, I've just left the project open.

*i think that iMPC starting late is to do with the count in.
Last edited by Custard Gannet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:24 am

May I support @Rim's request that @Custard Gannet tackles one issue at a time, in step-by-step detail. There's an inference that several IAA apps and plugins are being used simultaneously (Patterning, iSEM, Twin 2, Lyra and FF1). That makes it many times complicated to debug. Most in that list can be hugely resource taxing even individually, depending on the patch/instrument in use.

The same applies to @4pickuoguy, who's thread has been inadvertently hijacked :wink:

I have all the apps/plugins mentioned and I'll be happy to try to reproduce issues here (and on older, less powerful kit too! :lol:).

EDIT: Cross-posting at work. I don't have the extra apps you mentioned in your last post but I think they're CPU-hogs too.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:28 am

:D
Last edited by Custard Gannet on Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:32 am

Custard Gannet wrote:Hi @washboy please see my last post

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:36 am

Reading your last post, I would be surprised if you didn't have memory/RAM problems running Patterning + iMPC Pro + iSpark + iSEM + Auria Pro + Twin2 simultaneously, even on an Air 2 :)