Very Frustrated...

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Custard Gannet
Expert

Re: Very Frustrated...

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

Washboy wrote:Reading your last post, I would be surprised if you didn't have memory/RAM problems running Patterning + iMPC Pro + iSpark + iSEM + Auria Pro + Twin2 simultaneously, even on an Air 2 :)
Me too, especially considering the issues I had beforehand. I just wanted to see how far I could push it.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Anyone?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Custard Gannet wrote:
Washboy wrote:Reading your last post, I would be surprised if you didn't have memory/RAM problems running Patterning + iMPC Pro + iSpark + iSEM + Auria Pro + Twin2 simultaneously, even on an Air 2 :)
Me too, especially considering the issues I had beforehand. I just wanted to see how far I could push it.
8) The point is that once you start overloading RAM and CPU all sorts of things can begin going flakey, requiring a reboot. It's not necessarily just Auria that's having problems under those circumstances - it's iOS itself.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:12 pm

I've pretty much worked out what the issues were. This is the part I need help with.
...I've saved a snapshot, template and the project. So now if I want to close this project down do I close each IAA first then Auria or Auria first?

Also if I want to open the template project, do I need to open each IAA first or Auria first? I've not attempted either yet, I've just left the project open.
I want to know whether there is a particular order that I need to open and close Auria and the IAAs so that the project and /or template opens and plays without any problems. I really don't want to close it in the wrong order and it doesn't work then have to set it all up again.

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Never mind I've worked it out.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Glad to hear you've worked it out. Re shutdown procedure: I would simply close Auria first and then kill it and all open music apps with 'Swipe-up' from the Home screen. I've never had problems doing that.

Now, this goes against what @Rim advised earlier but allegedly it's not necessary to totally reboot your iPad in order to flush ghost IAA apps, etc. Supposedly you can cause some sort of memory cleanup by holding down the iPad's power button until the "Swipe to power off" notice appears. Then release the power button and hold down the Home button until the normal Home screen reappears. It seems to work. I always do it before and after an Auria session and sometimes more frequently. It's a lot quicker than a full reboot but I can't guarantee that it's adequate, though it seems to work well. I reckon it's wise to kill all open apps beforehand.

Good luck! :)

EDITED.

Kites
Expert

Post by Kites » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Washboy wrote:Glad to hear you've worked it out. Re shutdown procedure: I would simply close Auria first and then kill it and all open music apps with 'Swipe-up' from the Home screen. I've never had problems doing that.

Now, this goes against what @Rim advised earlier but allegedly it's not necessary to totally reboot your iPad in order to flush ghost IAA apps, etc. Supposedly you can cause some sort of memory cleanup by holding down the iPad's power button until the "Swipe to power off" notice appears. Then release the power button and hold down the Home button until the normal Home screen reappears. It seems to work. I always do it before and after an Auria session and sometimes more frequently. It's a lot quicker than a full reboot but I can't guarantee that it's adequate, though it seems to work well. I reckon it's wise to kill all open apps beforehand.

EDITED.

Hey your memory clean up mode worked spot on for me! Than you kindly!

Custard Gannet
Expert

Post by Custard Gannet » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:29 am

Washboy wrote:Glad to hear you've worked it out. Re shutdown procedure: I would simply close Auria first and then kill it and all open music apps with 'Swipe-up' from the Home screen. I've never had problems doing that.

EDITED.
Thank you, that's really useful to know and it worked for me!