Cubasis & Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Hard_Vatore

Cubasis & Auria

Post by Hard_Vatore » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 am

Hi, I would like to know if is there any way to import a Cubasis project to Auria Pro.
I started to use Cubasis some time ago and now I only use Auria Pro.
Thanks & regards.
https://soundcloud.com/hardvatore
I say what I think and carry with guilt.
Think of what I say and stay you with the apology.

Hablo español, and a little bit of english...

wigglelights
Expert

Re: Cubasis & Auria

Post by wigglelights » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:41 am

Hi
AFAIK, no way to do so directly. You'll need to export your stems and import into a new Auria project.

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 am

Hard_Vatore wrote:?.. import a Cubasis project to Auria Pro...
I'm not certain what you want to import?

Stems are 1 area/format, also midi files are another. (Both are handy).

I haven't used Cubasis for years but they should have midi file export..

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Hard_Vatore

Post by Hard_Vatore » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:54 am

King wrote:I'm not certain what you want to import?
I mean a full Cubasis project, which is on the extension .cbp
Thanks both for your answers.
Cheers

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:10 am

Hard_Vatore wrote:
King wrote:I'm not certain what you want to import?
I mean a full Cubasis project, which is on the extension .cbp
Thanks both for your answers.
Cheers

Ha, your asking WML if they have another kind of magic (majik) :wink:

Nah, Cubasis and Auria Pro are 2 totally different codes/apps, I'm guessing 'cbp' is "CuBasis Project"..

The 2 main universal formats for getting projects from 1 daw to another (iOS, PC, Mac or otherwise) will be Stems and midi files.
The good news is, with these it is possible. :D

Enjoy!

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:55 am

Every DAW uses its own proprietary format for projects. Auria also supports a universal project format called AAF, but Cubasis doesn't support it.

Rim

Hard_Vatore

Post by Hard_Vatore » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:16 am

Rim wrote:Every DAW uses its own proprietary format for projects. Auria also supports a universal project format called AAF, but Cubasis doesn't support it.
Rim
OK, thanks, Rim :cry:

Duke21
Expert

Post by Duke21 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:23 am

If we already talk about Cubasis and Auria import/ export of stems. Very often I do the mixing and mastering of projects with 2 freinds, one use Beatmaker 2 and one use Cubasis. Way too often when I obtain WAV stems from the Cubasis project we experience weird timing issues with the stems from Cubasis. Now I want to go into the root of it as it is really annoying. My freing is often working with others and never experience the timing issues except when he work with me and Auria. Their most typical thing is that his stems tend to start too late, like Cubasis or Auria added 1/32 to 1/16 beat to the start of the stem. Then we are lucky as I can easily move the stem. But sometimes the stem gets out of sync in several places.
Any idea what is happening here?
I use Auria Pro (but it happened also on Auria) and iPad Air2 but is happened also on iPad 4.

AndyPlankton

Post by AndyPlankton » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:35 am

Hi,

New to Auria Pro and so far really liking the mixing environment.

I am trying to export some MIDI from Auria and import it into Cubasis...I have exported the MIDI using the MIDI export option....transferred the file to Cubasis using filesharing and then tried to load it into a project, but Cubasis does not load the MIDI file, it tries and I get no errors, I just end up with no tracks, and no MIDI......
Cubasis loads other MIDI files with no problem so I am guessing that this is something to do with the MIDI export form Auria.
I have tried both MIDI Type 0 and Type 1 files and neither seems to work.

Anyone able to help ?

EDIT I just tried looking at the MIDI file with Audioshare, and audioshare displays no MIDI notes in its preview window.

Thanks

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:29 am

Here is some suggestions to keep your .mid file correct for other apps to load properly. A standard midi file or .mid follows the standard midi and general midi formats. When creating these types of midi files you should only use Lyra for the tracks, don't use Fabfilter synths or IAA midi plugins or FX. Two tracks can share the same midi channel but this can lead to a bad load on Cubasis part due to the instrument choice. Midi events like Bank/Program Change and Sysex or other midi flowing data can also result in a failure to load. Try not to include audio or audio tracks in your midi project. Don't Buss the tracks. These are only suggestions and these tips can be pushed but you risk saving a file which could confuse poor Cubasis which is prone to midi file errors like the one that you encountered where Cubasis seeminly is loading a midi file but doesnt and wont tell you why. Although you have had success transferring from BM2 to Cubasis, I have transfered to Cubasis from all iOS daws and midi apps and I have encountered this many times. Nothing against other apps but they all can have problems. I inport and expot midi files frm AuriaPro with no problems even from an old Korg M3 which is very GM locked. If you just updated to Cubasis2 this could be a bug and you may have to contact their support. Cheers and good luck.

AndyPlankton

Post by AndyPlankton » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:39 am

Hi Anthony

Thanks for the reply and info.

The 3 MIDI tracks in my project are routed to Gadget on 3 different channels (via MIDI Output and not loaded as IAA) and 'No Instrument' selected, The tracks only contain Note and CC information (Unless Auria automatically puts Bank or Program change in ?), from what you said this is probably the cause, I'll try again at some point with a Lyra instrument and also without the CC's and let you know what i find.

You say Don't Include audio tracks in my MIDI project ? I would have thought that any audio tracks and info would automatically be excluded from a MIDI export ? Should I mute the audio tracks before exporting MIDI, or do I need to remove them from the project ?

I wouldn't expect to be doing this much, it would just be nice to know for the rare occasion I may want to.

Thanks again

Andy