Auria snapshots fail to load

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marb

Auria snapshots fail to load

Post by Marb » Sat May 05, 2018 3:10 am

I am finding this very frustrating. When I load a saved snapshot with different channel names, Auria fails to load the names, still displaying the previous snapshot. The only way around this is to shutdown Auria and re- boot. Surely this is wrong ? Sometimes, even a new project loads when re- booting, not the previous project. I am using an air 2 with the layest ios software.

Marb

Re: Auria snapshots fail to load

Post by Marb » Sun May 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Anyone please ?

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Mon May 07, 2018 12:29 am

This does sound strange that the snapshots aren’t always working. Possibly something corrupt in the project? Some more detail about how you are using snapshots would be helpful. It sounds to me like you want multiple copies of the same project with a few changes eg channel names? If so, an alternative method would be to use the ‘save copy of project’ under ‘save as’.

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Mon May 07, 2018 1:00 am

Just read your other thread. This sounds like the same issue. I might be misunderstanding, but I do think using ‘save copy of project’ as I mentioned earlier is what you are looking for. That functions similar to a ‘save as’ which is what I think you were trying to accomplish by renaming the project. To save yourself some time if you have specific setups you use is using templates. Setup a project to your needs loading IAA and FX etc. Then go to ‘save project’ and ‘save project as template’ Now when you start a new project you can load the template and not worry about copying the project or having to rename it.

Marb

Post by Marb » Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 pm

But my point is that Auria is unreliable. When I load a snapshot it fails to display the different track names for every saved snapshot (different Loopy tracks) when I close down Auria and start again it brings up a new project and creates another folder when in fact it should load the last project I had open. I just find Auria unstable and unreliable as brilliant as it is.

TomD
Expert

Post by TomD » Mon May 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Yeah, this could be a bug or possibly a corrupt project. Rim would have to confirm that. In my experience auria has been surprisingly reliable, of course not perfect. I rarely have to use snapshots. I’ve never used snapshots other than to restore the very occasional issue with a project and it’s worked well for that. However, I’ve never used them the way you are. I can say I’ve never had an issue using the other methods I mentioned and I think it will better accomplish what you need.

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Tue May 08, 2018 10:10 am

I am also having problems with this and several crashes. Starting to get a little frustrated since I just bough a lot of plugins.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 08, 2018 9:15 pm

Sounds like a possible bug for sure. Most likely the track names aren't being refreshed on the screen after loading a snapshot. I assume the project itself loads fine except for the track names?

Rim

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Wed May 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Yes everything else is working like normal. Honestly, the more I looked into this, the more I am thinking that I may have overloaded the CPU because I had A LOT of plugins going at once and maybe with trying to load a snapshot, it was just too much at that point.