Crackling sounds after each recordings

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Nyanko
Expert

Crackling sounds after each recordings

Post by Nyanko » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:25 am

Hello, I don't know exactly what is happening with my auria pro but for a while now, after I record some tracks, when I play them there is a crackling sound coming up. At first I thought it was a problem with Moog 15 but then I tried to record some track from Reason Compact and I get exactly the same results. The volume of the tracks is way under the threshold of the master volume so I just don't know what it is.

Any idea? Would be much appreciated thanks. It happens only on playback.

Nyanko
Expert

Re: Crackling sounds after each recordings

Post by Nyanko » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:37 am

Could it be due to a panning delay effect by any chance? Cause I realize the tracks that were crackling had this kind of effect directly into the input of the tracks and not as an aux.

Thederekfrank
Expert

Post by Thederekfrank » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am

Most likely, your sample rate on Auria is different from your interface. Make sure they are set the same. I had this issue with my Behringer XR18 and now it works great.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes having your sampling frequency match your interface is important, however most usb interfaces match the project settings when to set to slave mode. It is rare for a usb audio interface not to slave to the iPad. What is actually going on here, and I know because I deal with this all the time. It is a memory under run. Your buffer is set to low to allow the plugins enough memory. Set buffer high wen mixing. 4096 is best. When recording set low 128 or lower. You really have to juggle your mixing vers memory. I have the latest iPad Pro, I lock to an Orion 32 and I have no problems. I run into this when I have several plugins open and bussing tracks. One would think that with todays iPad I can use many more plugins than before but this is opposite. I have prooved in many tests that due to the large iOS software and Aurias added new features, todays performance is equal to when Auria ran on an iPad 4th generation. This is very unfortunate but the iPad has not caught up to the Daw softwares needed power. In other words yes we have great plugins but how many you can have up and running really depends on your project. Often with the daw loaded you can run your cpu down to only 10% capacity. Bottm line without 8-16 gigs of ram on an iPad its will always be a limited path. This is why I have a ton of outboard gear and a high count audio interface so that I mostly use my daw as a simple recorder and editor but I leave the power of mixing to my rack eq’s and compressors. This is the only full proof way of me actually getting any recording and mixing done. I do use some plugins to fix really terrible tracks but that is nly when I get other peoples tracks to mix. My own projects I achieve the sound I want on the way in so I need less processing in the end. Good luck.