Ver. 2.22 DropBox Upload Freeze and Failure

For bug reports only - non-bug related questions will be moved to appropriate forum.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

FranksRiffs
Expert

Ver. 2.22 DropBox Upload Freeze and Failure

Post by FranksRiffs » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:48 am

Project saves to Dropbox frequently freeze and fail. A directory is created on Dropbox but the project files are missing or incomplete.

Espiegel123
Expert

Re: Ver. 2.22 DropBox Upload Freeze and Failure

Post by Espiegel123 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:35 pm

FranksRiffs wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:48 am
Project saves to Dropbox frequently freeze and fail. A directory is created on Dropbox but the project files are missing or incomplete.
Does the size of the project seem to make a difference in terms of the likelihood that it will fail?

FranksRiffs
Expert

Post by FranksRiffs » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:40 pm

I will have to check to be sure but I can tell you it’s happened to me on both large and small frequently. I spend time setting up a multichannel configurations and try to back it up before I go on and it will just freeze with the Dropbox dialogue on screen. I have to kill the app.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:36 pm

FranksRiffs wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:40 pm
I will have to check to be sure but I can tell you it’s happened to me on both large and small frequently. I spend time setting up a multichannel configurations and try to back it up before I go on and it will just freeze with the Dropbox dialogue on screen. I have to kill the app.
I am using a beta version (which I think is about to be released) and I am not having a freeze. I have no idea if the behavior is any different in the beta than the 2.22 release version for saving BUT as I am sitting here waiting for my test project to finish saving, I thought that I'd mention that it seems like using Save Project to Other App (which zips up the project and then saves it) and choosing one's dropbox folder as the target is way faster than using the explicit Save Project to Dropbox.

It took just a couple of minutes when using the Save to Other App option and is taking a LOT longer -- probably because save project to dropbox does a file by file transfer with a lot of handshaking for each included file. That might leave a lot more opportunities for things to get hung up.

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm

FranksRiffs wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:40 pm
Is it getting hung up sending a particular file? When I just saved a project, the overview.data file took something like 10 minutes by itself to complete