My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Post Reply
User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi!
This is my new album entirely made on my iPad Pro 1st gen. I used a number of apps, but all song were produced and mixed in Auria Pro.
I started my IOS journey about four years ago and at that time I wouldn’t believe a project like this was possible, but thanks to the help of a lot of people on different forums and an awesome app such as Auria Pro I finally managed to make it possible.
So thank you very much @Rim for such a powerful DAW!

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Spotify:
https://spoti.fi/38twqvf

Apple Music:
https://apple.co/2PxT7pu

YouTube Music:
https://bit.ly/2RGUYea

YouTube playlist:
https://bit.ly/2PdPN3W

Deezer:
https://bit.ly/2E9UXaN

Google Play:
https://bit.ly/2PdTA1a

Amazon Music:
https://amzn.to/2EflgMA

Aph
Expert
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Aph » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Very nice, Rodolfo...
I like it!
iPad 6 (2018 9.7 inch)
iOS 13.4
Auria Pro 2.250 (upgraded from Auria)

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Aph wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:20 pm
Very nice, Rodolfo...
I like it!
Thank you!!! :)

Gary
Expert
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Gary » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 am

Great Album and Great Production Rodolfo! Very inspiring ... congrats!

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:27 am

Gary wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 am
Great Album and Great Production Rodolfo! Very inspiring ... congrats!
Thank you so much! Glad you liked it!

gmvengineer
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by gmvengineer » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Excellent album, amazing production! I purchased from iTunes just now. Apple should use this music to promote the iPad!

Congratulations!

-GMVEngineer

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:10 pm

gmvengineer wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Excellent album, amazing production! I purchased from iTunes just now. Apple should use this music to promote the iPad!

Congratulations!

-GMVEngineer
Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

User avatar
JRSIV
Expert
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Shepherds Bush, London, UK
Contact:

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by JRSIV » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:16 pm

@Rodolfo that album was seriously brilliant man! Loved the guitars, the grooves were just so funky and really catchy (someone could've played me "Agnostic Zombie" and I wouldn't have thought different if they said it was the rhythm track to U2's new song).

That would probably be my one and only critique, and it's not even critical, just a matter of preference. As a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist I dig vocals & harmony. I respect and own many Instrumental artists music (Satriani and Eric Johnson come to mind).

Actually one of my low key favorite albums is the first Fireman album "Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest"; the Fireman is a pseudonym project for Paul McCartney & Youth (from Killing Joke, the Orb), it was kept hidden for awhile but news eventually got out that it was McCartney's electronic music side project. They added vocals to their last album "Electric Arguments" but the first two have elements of ambient, Instrumental, trance even dance music.

Sorry for the tangent, but it's to say I love your record but on a few songs I could hear where vocals would be cool. But as I say, that's more preference than anything. I'm listening to the tracks again while writing this and it's really good man.

Congrats ,
JohnRSIV
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.25 on an iPad Air 3 (2019) 256GB w/iPadOS 13.5
Other apps include: DrumPerfect Pro, Cubasis 3, ToneStack, Moog Model 15, etc.
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:56 am

JRSIV wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:16 pm
@Rodolfo that album was seriously brilliant man! Loved the guitars, the grooves were just so funky and really catchy (someone could've played me "Agnostic Zombie" and I wouldn't have thought different if they said it was the rhythm track to U2's new song).

That would probably be my one and only critique, and it's not even critical, just a matter of preference. As a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist I dig vocals & harmony. I respect and own many Instrumental artists music (Satriani and Eric Johnson come to mind).

Actually one of my low key favorite albums is the first Fireman album "Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest"; the Fireman is a pseudonym project for Paul McCartney & Youth (from Killing Joke, the Orb), it was kept hidden for awhile but news eventually got out that it was McCartney's electronic music side project. They added vocals to their last album "Electric Arguments" but the first two have elements of ambient, Instrumental, trance even dance music.

Sorry for the tangent, but it's to say I love your record but on a few songs I could hear where vocals would be cool. But as I say, that's more preference than anything. I'm listening to the tracks again while writing this and it's really good man.

Congrats ,
JohnRSIV
Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write down your thoughts about the album!

I totally understand your point about the vocals, it was just a conscious and intentional decision to keep it instrumental. I guess that the guitar riffs tend to accentuate the human groove of some songs and a voice is what one would expect to complete the picture. And you’re probably right, the thing is that neither my bandmate nor me can really sing, so that was not an option. At the same time we believe the result is in some way unique, since there’s very few instrumental music in this style. It’s either electronica/techno/ambient/etc or rock/funky/blues, but rarely both. We tried hard to merge different styles in the most natural possible way. I’m not certain about the result, but believe me, it was really fun.

I had no idea about the Fireman album, I will be searching for it as soon as I tap on “submit” on this message.
Thank you again for your comments, it was really kind of you.
Rodolfo

User avatar
JRSIV
Expert
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV & Shepherds Bush, London, UK
Contact:

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by JRSIV » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:47 am

No problem Rodolfo...you guys totally succeeded in bringing those different genre's together. I started on drums in 6th grade and played in the school marching band throughout highschool but when I was 16 I started playing guitar and it has been my main instrument for years...SOOOO, the guitars were so cool for me to hear. Auria is so stout and tremendously capable, Tonestack or Amplitube can be routed in for some great guitar tones. Whether you went direct with amp simulation or mic'd an amp the guitars sound vicious on every song. Really well done. Congrats again brother.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.25 on an iPad Air 3 (2019) 256GB w/iPadOS 13.5
Other apps include: DrumPerfect Pro, Cubasis 3, ToneStack, Moog Model 15, etc.
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Thank you so much @JRSIV

I used Tonestack and Bias Fx for the different electric guitar takes, usually with the same type of amp emulation and same virtual pedals, but since both apps have its own characteristic sound the final tone is different. So panning each guitar track Left/Right with the help of some additional EQ allowed me to get a better spatial stereo effect. In addition, my bandmate is an excellent guitar player, particularly with heavy repetitive riffs, I really love his sound.

The flamenco guiar (in Long Stone) was connected directly to the audio interface (Scarlett 2i4) but it has an embedded Fishman preamp where you can mix the saddle contact mic and a condenser mic for the guitar body, so you can better balance the direct and ambient sound of the guitar.

And as you mention, Auria Pro Is a tremendous app, particularly with audio editing capabilities which are a great help when editing real instruments tracks.

Thank you again for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
Rodolfo

drummer2020
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:10 am

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by drummer2020 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:21 pm

just getting involved recording my drums with auria... this sounds great

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:06 am

drummer2020 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:21 pm
just getting involved recording my drums with auria... this sounds great
Thank you! 🙏🏻

Kladman
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Kladman » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:15 pm

WOW Rodolfo!
This is a great production. I will take some extra time and listen to it completely.
I have always played guitar and will include guitars in my coming projects as well. For now its only EDM.
I do appreciate instrumental music, even more so than songs with vocals.
Your arrangements are clean. Its where lots of producers lose it by adding more and more layers.
Congrats on this massive achievement and thanks for being so helpful on this forum!!

User avatar
Rodolfo
Expert
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: Buenos Aires

Re: My new album “OWN” - produced and mixed in Auria Pro

Post by Rodolfo » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:26 am

Kladman wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:15 pm
WOW Rodolfo!
This is a great production. I will take some extra time and listen to it completely.
I have always played guitar and will include guitars in my coming projects as well. For now its only EDM.
I do appreciate instrumental music, even more so than songs with vocals.
Your arrangements are clean. Its where lots of producers lose it by adding more and more layers.
Congrats on this massive achievement and thanks for being so helpful on this forum!!
Thank you so much for your kind words! 🙏🏻
As you noticed, I put a lot of effort on the production stage. I find it crucial in order to later obtain a clear mix, even having to discard some sound layers or instruments sometimes.
Keep on with your project and please share your music, I love EDM and some other electronic genres.
Rodolfo

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests