New update big issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cathulu

Re: New update big issue

Post by Cathulu » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:56 pm

It’s still happening. It was working now. I took some time off, went back to the project and it is crashing again.

Jmd0820
Expert

Post by Jmd0820 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Same here works for a little bit then crashing starts again.
I’m on a 2019 air 3, I did reinstall the auria pro beta to compare the two and it seams to work fine on the beta.
Additional info my auria pro is the upgraded auria le. Wonder if that is the problem

PUMP
Expert

Post by PUMP » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Sometimes the project will open and just crash.... Don’t understand what’s going on I just redownloaded the beta to see if the beta is working fine haven’t tested it yet

Studio1

Post by Studio1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:17 am

This is happening to me too.

Anytime I move or try to edit an audio or midi region it crashes.

IOS 14.2 iPad Pro 3rd Gen

Lukstunes

Post by Lukstunes » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Hey. I’m on iPadPro 2020. The list of issuess I encounter below:
- Auto time stretch ain’t working anymore
- Manipulating timeline region selection makes Auria crashes and shuts down
- Manipulating lenght of a recorded file/region causes the same as above

It’s totally frustrating. It’s useless as of now. I’m shocked and disappointed.

gmvengineer

Post by gmvengineer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:57 pm

Hello,

I too have been suffering from multiple crashes and most of the symptoms that others have been documenting. It is extremely frustrating and quite honestly very surprising as I’ve been using Auria since it’s release. I’m using an iPad Pro 12.9 (generation 3) running iOS 14.2 and have tried several troubleshooting methods over the last several days. These include uninstalling and reinstalling Auria, removing plugins, shutting down and restarting iPad, using both an external audio interface and onboard iPad audio, deleting all projects, creating new projects, using different sample rates and buffer rates, downloaded one of the demo projects and attempted to mix but many different actions cause Auria to crash such as adding plugins, setting a loop point, trying to edit, move or warp audio, importing audio, importing audio using AudioCopy and it appears that every time I open Auria I receive a crash notification. I’m sure I’ve missed a few other issues including not seeing text when creating or saving projects, but this is by no means an attempt to draw negativity towards Auria. I love the program and would like to assist with fixing it if at all possible. I do not have access to any beta versions so if it would help to test a beta, please let me know how I might acquire it.

Thanks,

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:37 pm

I've identified a crashing issue that only occurs in iOS 14.2. As soon as I find the cause, I'll post an update right away.

Rim

Jmd0820
Expert

Post by Jmd0820 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:13 am

Thank you

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:06 am

Just found and fixed it. I'll be submitting an update shortly.

Rim

Lukstunes

Post by Lukstunes » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:48 pm

There are more bugs and issues apart from the ones I’ve listed yesterday.
- Auria switches inputs of armed track to non-existent, randomly: I’m using two ins interface and say select input one for recording. Auria switches that to input 3 which is not there. Same when recording stereo track - I arm inputs 1/2 (the only ones that my my 2ins interface support) and the app switches them between takes to 2/3 which are not there.

At this stage the Auria Pro causes so many freaking problems they make me to demand a refund. Also, I’m not going to wait a week or number of days for developer to fix them. I’m working on a project and I need to rely on the app. Hope you Auria guys are listening and fix them over next day. If not, please let me know and we arrange a refund with App Store. I’m not toying here - I use it for serious stuff.

I would like to keep it, but considering the given numbers of bugs the app it’s a joke now.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

iOS 14.2, iPad Pro 12.9” 2020. SSL 2+ and some more.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm

Thanks for the info, I've added that to my list. Would you be interested in helping me test in the beta team? I'd love to get more of your help from time to time. I am a one-man team (I wrote Auria), so I appreciate the patience with fixing any issues. I can't always get to all them on time, and things often change a lot when Apple releases a new update. Also, if you feel like you need a refund, it's just a matter of reaching out to Apple.

Thanks,
Rim

Lukstunes

Post by Lukstunes » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:33 am

Rim wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm
Thanks for the info, I've added that to my list. Would you be interested in helping me test in the beta team? I'd love to get more of your help from time to time. I am a one-man team (I wrote Auria), so I appreciate the patience with fixing any issues. I can't always get to all of them on time, and things often change a lot when Apple releases a new update. Also, if you feel like you need a refund, it's just a matter of reaching out to Apple.

Thanks,
Rim

Rim,
I understand your position. However, I bought Auria Pro for day in day out music production duties. I make music on a daily basis - that’s what I do. Crashes been happening weeks before iOS 14.2 update. Well, now they’re a disaster which ruins my daily routine. Unifxed issues make my project delay and a need to push away its deadline. I can’t go on like that. The fact that you can’t be specific about the time needed to make Auria Pro stable and reliable again makes me reach out for an alternative platform to carry on and ask for a refund.

Good luck,
Lukasz

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:15 am

Totally fair.

Rim

gmvengineer

Post by gmvengineer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:08 am

Rim,

I'd like to say that I think you do an amazing job with Auria and I feel that you've been nothing but up front and honest when it comes to your product. Your support surpasses many of the much larger companies which I'm sure have many more resources. I've always appreciated your communication in the forums, prompt responses and timely update releases. Doing all that as a one man show is truly remarkable! And let's not forget the cost as I don't need to remind folks about the costs of competing DAWs.

Now, let me comment on the other person who stated that they can't afford to have any downtime. Most folks who rely on their hardware and software to make a living always have a backup plan. This can be as simple as not upgrading your operating system the day it is released or have some sort of testing capability before you place it into production. I don't want to start a back and forth but this is common knowledge in many industries including audio production. What happens if your iPad fails for some unknown reason? Professionals always have a plan "B" and even a plan "C". I have an older iPad running an older version of the iOS with Auria. Its really that simple and if you don't have the resources to test then please be certain that your gear will run correctly before you upgrade something as critical as the operating system.

Thanks,

Cathulu

Post by Cathulu » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks for getting this fixed. I will avoid iOS updates... I turned auto update off.