New Update fix not working

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Cathulu

New Update fix not working

Post by Cathulu » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:24 pm

I have the latest Auria version, I even deleted the app and restored because the update did not work. I still get crashing and the camera connection kit with my XR18 now does not work. I cannot use my mixer anymore. I can only use the iPad mic. I have iPad Air 3 with iOS 14.2. Ever since iOS 14.2 it is broken. It is now really broken for me. Sorry to bear the bad news.

Studio1

Re: New Update fix not working

Post by Studio1 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:48 pm

Problems here too.

When moving audio waveforms it crashes
When setting up loop points it crashes
No way to import file now since a quarter of display screen is missing.
Basically anything you do in edit view crashes it

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:01 am

After spending a couple of days on this one, I found out from Apple that this is indeed an issue in iOS14.2. It's caused my a bug on their new CoreMIDI code, and it affects a lot of other apps as well (in sometimes subtle ways). There's no effective workaround, but I have heard that this will be fixed in 14.3.

In the mean time, I am releasing another Auria update which disables CoreMIDI for iPads running 14.2. All normal internal MIDI functionality will continue to work within Auria (AUv3 for example), but if you need to send MIDI to an external app using CoreMIDI, this will be disabled until 14.3.

Another alternative is to roll back your iPad to 14.1 if you can.

Rim

Jmd0820
Expert

Post by Jmd0820 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:21 am

I gave up and updated to iOS 14.3 beta. So far auria works for me the way it should. It’s only been one day but so far so good. I haven’t had a single crash from editing audio