Input device and headphones

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jrech
Expert

Input device and headphones

Post by jrech » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:15 pm

I am using a pedal board with no amp, what would be a good interface to use to get my guitar into the iPad?

What would you suggest for a good set of mixing headphones?
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com

Gary
Expert

Re: Input device and headphones

Post by Gary » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 am

Are you using like a Line6 modelling multiFX board or a guitar pedal board?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:07 am

Any audio interface that works with your iPad will do. It depends on your budget and what features you are looking for. The new Audient iD4 mk11 is a good choice at an affordable price.
As for mixing headphones, there really is no such thing but if you must mix with headphones then try to get a pair with as flat of a frequency response as possible. I use the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro and I find that they translate well to other speakers if you know how to mix with headphones. There are tips online that help you mix better using headphones. Good luck.

jrech
Expert

Post by jrech » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:10 pm

I am just running a guitar pedal board. I have a mooer radar connected as the last pedal into an irig duo. I have a pair of shure 1890 headphones which are nice but getting used a lot. The dt990 might be a good one to get. I have been mixing in headphones for a few years and listening back in the car. So far the tunes have sounded really nice. I will check out the dt990. What ohm would you suggest? I was thinking 80ohm.
iPad Pro, Auria Pro - https://jodyrech.bandcamp.com