Mandela effect

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

obijohn

Mandela effect

Post by obijohn » Tue May 09, 2023 5:48 am

Ok, I’m not sure if I’m hallucinating or experiencing a Mandela effect or just plain crazy. Recently, I got back into iPad music production after a 4-year gap (cross-country move, family medical problems, life comes at you fast, yada yada). To get back into the groove, I loaded up one of the last songs I was working on back then. When I clicked play, everything sounded just as I remembered… except the kick. I soloed the track and it was nothing but faint clicks. Hmm, I thought, did note mapping change on this Lyra set while I was out of the loop?

I opened up the Lyra selection drop-down and the sample set was gone! Yes, I restored purchases (three times), watched all the download/extraction progress popups, reinstalled the bonus content, etc. But the set never appeared. By that point the original name of the set was no longer visible but it was something like Electro Kit or maybe Elektro Kit. Since it was just the kick on this track, I ended up substituting it out for another set, but it’s driving me crazy not knowing what happened there.

Am I nuts or did there used to be an Electro Kit (or a name very close to that) and it’s just no longer available? Or was that another version of the simulation we’re living in and I’m remembering a past version that didn’t get memory wiped good enough??